The Common Offer Acceptance Portal or COAP was initiated in 2017 to provide a common platform for the registered candidates seeking admission to take the most preferred choice for admission into an M.Tech. Programme in participating Institutes, or job offer from participating Public Sector Units (PSUs). While eight institutes (IIT Bombay, IIT Bhubaneswar, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Indore, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras, IIT Roorkee) were involved in COAP-2017, over the years, more than twenty-four institutes and a PSU have come together and participated in COAP for filling their M.Tech. seats or job vacancies. Every year, the GATE organizing institute of the preceding year acts as the coordinating institute for COAP.
IIT Kharagpur is the coordinating institute for COAP 2023, and the participating institutes (24 of them) are: IISc Bangalore, IIT Bhilai, IIT Bhubaneshwar, IIT BHU, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Dharwad, IIT Goa, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, IIT Indore, IIT (ISM) Dhanbad, IIT Jammu, IIT Jodhpur, IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras, IIT Mandi, IIT Palakkad, IIT Patna, IIT Roorkee, IIT Ropar, IIT Gandhinagar and IIT Tirupati.
- COAP refers to Common Offer Acceptance Portal, on which all Participating Institutes / PSU’s will upload their offers in a common time window as specified.
- The registered candidates can access the admission / job offers by registering at COAP from all the participating institutes / PSU’s where they have applied for M.Tech. admissions / jobs.
- For admission into M.Tech program in any of the participating institutes or applying for a job in any participating PSU, every candidate should also apply to the corresponding Institute/ PSU
- To understand the mechanism of looking at all the available offers and making a specific choice out of the offers, the candidates are advised to read the guidelines and then register at COAP 2022.
- COAP is not an Application Portal for M.Tech. admission for any participating institute. Candidates should apply separately to the respective Institute(s) for M.Tech admission / PSU for the job.
- Each participating Institute / PSU will follow the selection procedure as per the norms and guidelines of the respective Institute.
- To access and take a decision on the most preferred choice out of the offers (if any) made by participating Institute(s), each candidate should register at COAP.